It’s time to start another concrete project, and this time it will be a large scale. Lots of concrete will be needed and knowing the bulk sizes and prices can be important when you are preparing to buy, measure, and prepare for the concrete pour.
|Weight of Concrete Bag||Number of Bags per Pallet||Pallet and Individual Price|
|40 lbs||80 bags||$2.42 per bag/ $193.60 per pallet|
|60 lbs||56 bags||$7.59 per bag/$425.04 per pallet|
|80 lbs||42 bags||$4.99 per bag/$399.20 per pallet|
Normally, when concrete comes in bulk it comes on a pallet. Different types of concrete and different brands are packaged at different weights, and so while these numbers above are pretty standard, they may be subject to change.
Along with the opportunity to get pallets of 40, 60, and 80 lb bags, you can find concrete bags at other weights.
A common weight of a bag of concrete is 50 lbs. 64 of these bags will fit on a pallet.
Portland Cement comes in a variety of weights, which are not normal bag sizes, and each one comes with a different pallet size ranging from 100 per pallet to 35 bags a pallet. The number on the pallet will depend on the weight of the bag.
Quikrete Weights and Prices
Quikrete is a very popular brand of concrete mix. They have many varieties of cement mixes used for different types of concrete work.
Some examples of their varieties and the weight of their bags, as well as how many fit on a pallet is below:
- Ready to Use Concrete Mix – Comes in 40, 60, and 80 lbs bags. On average, this bag is $4.99 each.
- Fast-Setting Concrete Mix – 50 lbs bags. Normally, it is about $5.25 per bag.
- Quikrete 5000 Concrete Mix – 60 or 80 lbs bags. It is about $7.99 for each bag.
- Crack Resistant Concrete Mix – 60 and 80 lbs bags. This bag is normally 6.59 dollars per bag.
- Countertop Mix – 80 lbs bags. This bag is $19.99 each.
- Mortar Mix – 10, 40, 60, or 80 lbs bags. This bag is about $7.99 each.
- Mason Mix – 60 or 80 lbs bags. This bag is 6.59 dollars each.
- Portland Cement Mix – 31 (100 per pallet), 47 lbs bags for $11.99 each (63 per pallet), 94 (35 per pallet), 92.6 lb bags (35 per pallet).
- Masonry Cement Mix – 70 lbs bag (40 per pallet). On average, this bag is $5.98 each.
When ordering and deciding on the concrete you will need for a project, it is important to know the type of concrete that will work best for you, how much coverage you need, how many bags you will need, how you will transport them, and how thick your slab will be. All of these factors should weigh into the decision of how many you need.
Also read: Number of Bags of Concrete Needed for a 10×10 Slab
On average, an 80-pound bag of concrete covers about 45 cubic feet. While a 60-pound bag of concrete will cover 30 cubic feet.
Read more: How Many Bags of Concrete Equal a Yard?
No matter how much ground you plan to cover, or what type of concrete you choose, be sure to leave room for a margin of error and get enough for the whole job.
If you get Quikrete Concrete, they will often allow you to return any concrete you do not end up needing for your project. In that case, be sure to store it the right way to not get your Quikrete bags wet.